Delivered physical layer circuit design of high speed interconnect IO/PLL
for a leading computer/laptop/server products and technologies company
Our client is a world leader of computer/laptop/server products and technologies.
The client wanted us to deliver a physical layer (SERDES PHY) circuit design of high speed interconnect IO/PLL for large datacenter server chipset.
A team of 2 circuit designers for each section (such as TX, RX, PLL+BG+ LDO+ Misc), 6 Layouts and 3 MSV resources were engaged in this requirement.
The team took one week each to execute the blocks.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our team took complete ownership of blocks from spec to post-layout, alongside the execution of functional and timing simulations:
- Performed layout review with signal /power RV cleaning
including ageing/burning characterization, timing violation report check, and identification and fix of issues ahead of final delivery
- Executed MSV simulation using Synopsys XA/VCS,
with complete power supply ramp and control voltages up/down
- BMOD (Behavioral Model) development
of respective blocks
- The team was part of the silicon characterization process –
starting from complete Power ON to detailed block level bench testing
Cadence virtuoso design editor, ADE-L/XL and Spectre / SpectreRF, Synopsys VCS/XA
- Engagement Model
End-to-end ownership – from specs to GDS delivery with all functional and timing simulation, qualifying the specification
Targeted the analog/mixed-signal serial IO PHY for next generation datacenter server in a multi-CPU system
We were able to deliver a speed of up to 10.4 (Gen-I) and 11.2 (Gen-II) Gbps per channel and 20 channel system with 28nm technology, current mode differential driver, 8-tap adaptive DFE, one LC-PLL driving clocks across all channels and on-chip LDO
- Low jitter and phase noise LC-PLL driving clock to serialize parallel data
- Current mode differential driver with programmable de-emphasis and on die termination resistance calibration
- CTLE peaking gain and bandwidth programmability achievement across all PVT
- 8 tap adaptive Decision feedback equalizer and Phase Interpolator based CDR for clock and data recovery
- 30 dB PSRR LDO with tight area limited decap
Download our Case Studies
Before you download our case studies, please provide some basic information to access the content. This will help us provide a better user experience to you.
Thank you for providing the necessary information
START A CONVERSATION